Are you looking for a unique and unforgettable travel experience in the Middle East? Do you want to explore ancient wonders, stunning landscapes, rich culture, and friendly hospitality? If so, you should consider booking one of the many Jordan tour packages from Saudi Arabia.
Jordan is a small country that offers a lot of diversity and adventure for travelers. Whether you are interested in history, nature, religion, or cuisine, you will find something to suit your taste and budget in Jordan. You can visit the world-famous Petra, the rose-red city carved out of rock by the Nabateans. You can float in the Dead Sea, the lowest and saltiest body of water on Earth. You can camp under the stars in Wadi Rum, the desert valley where Lawrence of Arabia roamed. You can marvel at the Roman ruins in Jerash, the mosaics in Madaba, and the castles in Karak. You can also enjoy the modern amenities and nightlife in Amman, the capital city of Jordan.
But how do you plan your trip to Jordan from Saudi Arabia? What are the visa requirements, the best time to visit, the transportation options, and the safety tips? In this post, we will answer all these questions and more. We will also share some of the best Jordan tour packages from Saudi Arabia that you can choose from.
By the end of this post, you will have all the information you need to book your dream vacation to Jordan.
What is Best Time to Visit Jordan
When you plan your trip to Jordan from Saudi Arabia, you should also think about the best time to go. Jordan has four seasons: spring is from March to May, summer is from June to August, autumn is from September to November, and winter is from December to February. In general, spring and autumn are the most enjoyable times to go to Jordan.
Spring and Autumn offer mild temperatures, clear skies, and blooming flowers. These are ideal conditions for sightseeing, hiking, camping, and enjoying outdoor activities. However, these are also peak seasons for tourism, so expect higher prices and more crowds at popular attractions.
Summer is very hot and dry in most parts of Jordan, especially in the desert areas. The average temperature can reach up to 40°C (104°F) or more. This can make traveling uncomfortable and exhausting, especially if you are not used to such heat. However, summer is also a good time to visit some places like Aqaba, where you can enjoy the Red Sea beaches and water sports.
Winter is cold and wet in most parts of Jordan, especially in the mountainous areas. The average temperature can drop below 10°C (50°F) or even lower at night. Snowfall is common in some places like Petra and Amman. This can make traveling difficult and risky, especially if you are driving or hiking. However, winter is also a good time to visit some places like the Dead Sea, where you can enjoy the warm water and therapeutic mud treatments. So, you need to decide a best time before you choose Jordan tour packages from Saudi Arabia.
How To Travel To Jordan From Saudi Arabia
There are several ways to travel to Jordan from Saudi Arabia. You can choose between flying, driving, or taking a bus before you decide to choose Jordan tour packages from Saudi Arabia.
Flying is the fastest and most convenient way to travel to Jordan from Saudi Arabia. There are direct flights from Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Medina, and Tabuk to Amman. The flight time ranges from 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes. The average cost of a round-trip ticket is around SR 1000.
Driving is another option for traveling to Jordan from Saudi Arabia. You can drive your own car or rent one from Saudi Arabia or Jordan. There are three borders that you can cross: Durra, Al Mudawara, and Al Omari. The driving time and distance depend on your starting point and destination, but generally speaking, it can take from 4 hours to 10 hours or more. The average cost of driving is around SR 500 for fuel, tolls, insurance, and permits.
Taking a bus is the cheapest option for traveling to Jordan from Saudi Arabia. There are buses that run from Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, and Tabuk to Amman. The bus time ranges from 12 hours to 20 hours or more. The average cost of a round-trip ticket is around SR 300.
Safety Tips For Traveling to Jordan From Saudi Arabia
Jordan is a safe and friendly country to visit, but like any other destination, it has some risks and challenges that you should be aware of. Here are some safety tips for traveling to Jordan from Saudi Arabia:
- Follow the Local Customs and Etiquette. Dress modestly, especially in religious and rural areas. Avoid public displays of affection, alcohol consumption, and pork consumption. Respect the Islamic practices, especially during Ramadan.
- Beware of Scams and Touts. Some people may try to overcharge you, sell you fake products, or offer you unwanted services. Always negotiate the price before buying anything or taking a taxi. Always check the quality and authenticity of the products before buying them. Always research the tours and activities before booking them.
- Avoid Political Demonstrations and Protests. Jordan is generally stable and peaceful, but sometimes there may be civil unrest or violence due to political or social issues. Stay away from any crowds or gatherings that may turn violent or disruptive. Follow the news and the advice of the local authorities.
- Purchase Travel Insurance. It can cover you for medical expenses, accidents, theft, loss, cancellation, or interruption of your trip. It can also provide you with emergency assistance and support in case of any problems. Compare different plans and choose the one that suits your needs and budget.
How many days in Jordan is enough?
It depends on your personal preferences and interests, but generally speaking, you need at least 3 days to see the main attractions of Jordan. However, if you want to have a more relaxed and comprehensive experience of the country, you may want to spend at least 5 to 7 days in Jordan. You can also extend your trip to 10 days or more if you want to explore more places and activities in Jordan.
If you want a medium trip, you can see Jordan in 4 days by choosing one of the many Jordan tour packages from Saudi Arabia that cover the main highlights of the country. A typical 4-day itinerary would include Petra, Wadi Rum, and the Dead Sea. You can also add Amman or Jerash if you have time.
Tips and Tricks To Find Best Jordan Tour Packages From Saudi Arabia
If you are looking for the best Jordan tour packages from Saudi Arabia, you should consider the following factors:
- The Duration of Your Trip: Depending on how much time you have, you can choose best Jordan tour packages from Saudi Arabia that covers the main attractions of Jordan or a more comprehensive one that includes more destinations and activities. For example, you can opt for a 5 nights 6 days Jordan leisure tour package that lets you explore Petra, Wadi Rum, Dead Sea, and more, or a longer package that also includes Amman, Jerash, Madaba, and Mount Nebo.
- The Budget of Your Trip: Depending on how much you are willing to spend, you can choose Jordan tour packages from Saudi Arabia that suits your preferences and needs. For example, you can choose a package that offers 4-star or 5-star hotels, private or shared transportation, meals included or not, and so on. You can also compare the prices of different packages from different providers online and find the best deal for your trip.
- The Season of Your Trip: Depending on when you want to visit Jordan, you should choose Jordan tour packages from Saudi Arabia that takes into account the weather and the best time to visit as described above.
- The Interests of Your Trip: Depending on what you want to see and do in Jordan, you should choose Jordan tour packages from Saudi Arabia that matches your interests and expectations. For example, if you are interested in history and culture, you can choose a package that includes visits to ancient ruins, museums, castles, and mosques. If you are interested in nature and adventure, you can choose a package that includes hiking, camping, desert safari, and hot springs. If you are interested in relaxation and wellness, you can choose a package that includes floating in the Dead Sea and enjoying spa treatments.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best Jordan tour packages from Saudi Arabia that will make your trip memorable and enjoyable. You can also customize your Jordan tour package according to your preferences and needs by contacting the travel agents.
Visa Requirements For Jordan From Saudi Arabia
One of the most important things to know before traveling to Jordan from Saudi Arabia is the visa requirements. The good news is that Saudi citizens and residents do not need a tourist visa when traveling to Jordan. They can get an on-arrival visa at the Jordan border if they meet certain requirements.
These requirements are:
- Passport with a validity of 6 months.
- Original Iqama with 3 months validity for Saudi residents.
- A suitable Iqama profession.
- Exit Reentry Visa valid for your stay in Jordan.
- Hotel Booking covers your stay in Jordan.
- Visa Fee: SR 55/passport.
- Valid Istimara (vehicle registration).
- Authorization letter if the car is not in your name.
Alternatively, you can also get a Jordan Pass before you travel to Jordan. This is a tourist pass that covers a bunch of must-see attractions, including Petra. It also covers the cost of your visa to Jordan. The Jordan Pass costs between JD 70 and JD 80 (around SR 370 to SR 420), depending on how many days you want to spend in Petra.
Jordan is a wonderful country that deserves to be on your bucket list. By booking one of the Jordan tour packages from Saudi Arabia, you can enjoy a hassle-free and unforgettable trip that will leave you wanting more. You can visit some of the most amazing attractions in the world, experience the culture and hospitality of the locals, and have a lot of fun along the way.
We hope that this post has given you some useful information and tips on how to plan your trip to Jordan.
You may like to read: