Switzerland is a dream destination for many travelers who want to experience the beauty and diversity of this small but stunning country. From the majestic Alps and the serene lakes to the charming villages and the vibrant cities, Switzerland has something for everyone. Whether you are looking for adventure, culture, romance, or relaxation, you can find it in Switzerland.
But how do you plan a trip to Switzerland from Dubai? What are the best places to visit in Switzerland? How can you find cheap Switzerland tour packages from Dubai? And what are the best tips for traveling in Switzerland?
In this post, we will answer how can find best Switzerland tour packages from Dubai and all other questions. We will share with you some of the most useful Switzerland travel tips that will help you prepare for your trip and make the most of your time in this amazing country. Let’s get started!
How to Plan and Prepare for Your Switzerland Trip from Dubai
Planning a trip to Switzerland from Dubai may seem daunting at first, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some steps you can follow while planning to book Switzerland tour packages from Dubai.
- Decide When To Go. Summer is the most popular and expensive season, but also the warmest and sunniest. Spring and autumn are cheaper and less crowded, but also cooler and rainier. Winter is ideal for skiing and snowboarding, but also very cold and snowy.
- Choose Where To Go. Switzerland has many regions and places to visit, each with its own culture, language, cuisine, and scenery. Some of the most popular ones are Zurich, Lucerne, Interlaken, Zermatt, Geneva, and Montreux.
- Book Your Transport. The best way to travel around Switzerland is by train, which is efficient, scenic, and convenient. You can buy a Swiss Travel Pass or Supersaver tickets to save money and time on train travel. You can also drive or fly, but these options are more expensive and challenging.
- Book Your Accommodation. Switzerland has a wide range of accommodation options, from hotels and hostels to apartments and chalets. However, accommodation in Switzerland is not cheap, so you need to book well in advance and compare prices online to find the best deals.
- Apply For a Visa. If you have a UAE passport, you do not need a visa for stays up to 90 days in Switzerland. However, you do need a valid passport, proof of funds, health insurance, a return or onward ticket, and a hotel reservation or invitation letter. If you have another passport, you may need a visa depending on your nationality and the purpose of the visit.
What are the Best Places to Visit in Switzerland?
Switzerland is a country of stunning natural beauty, rich culture, and diverse attractions. Whether you are looking for a relaxing getaway, an adventurous holiday, or a cultural immersion, you will find something to suit your taste in this small but diverse nation. Here are some of the best places to visit in Switzerland:
- Grindelwald: This picturesque village in the Bernese Alps is a popular destination for skiing, hiking, and mountain biking. You can enjoy breathtaking views of the Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau peaks, or take a scenic train ride to the Jungfraujoch, the highest railway station in Europe.
- Lucerne: This charming city on the shores of Lake Lucerne is one of the most beautiful in Switzerland. You can admire the historic wooden bridge, the Kapellbrücke, visit the impressive Lion Monument, or explore the museums and art galleries. Lucerne is also a great base for excursions to nearby mountains such as Pilatus, Rigi, and Titlis.
- Ticino: This Italian-speaking canton in southern Switzerland offers a taste of Mediterranean flair. You can enjoy the sunny climate, the palm-fringed lakes, and the quaint villages. Ticino is also home to some of the best hiking trails in Switzerland, such as the Verzasca Valley and the Monte Generoso.
- Bern: In the capital of Switzerland, you can stroll along the arcaded streets, admire the Gothic cathedral, or visit the Einstein House, where the famous physicist lived and worked. Bern is also known for its bears, which you can see in the Bear Park by the river Aare.
- Zermatt: This car-free resort town at the foot of the Matterhorn is a paradise for skiers and mountaineers. You can ski on some of the highest slopes in Europe, or take a cable car to the Klein Matterhorn, where you can see glaciers and ice caves. Zermatt is also a charming place to relax, with its cozy chalets, shops, and restaurants.
These are just some of the best places to visit in Switzerland, but there are many more to discover. You must consider these places while booking Switzerland tour packages from Dubai.
How to Find Cheap Switzerland Tour Packages from Dubai
If you are looking for cheap Switzerland tour packages from Dubai, you may be wondering how to find the best deals and offers. Here are some tips that can help you save money and enjoy your trip to Switzerland.
- Compare Prices Online. There are many websites and platforms that offer Switzerland tour packages from Dubai, such as Expedia, TravelTriangle, HolidayMe, or Swiss Holidays. You can compare prices, itineraries, inclusions, and reviews of different packages and choose the one that suits your budget and preferences. You can also look for discounts, coupons, or special offers that may be available on these websites.
- Book in Advance. Booking Switzerland tour packages from Dubai well in advance can help you secure lower prices and better availability. You can also avoid peak season surcharges and last-minute price hikes. Booking in advance can also give you more time to plan your trip and prepare for your visa and other requirements.
- Travel in Low Season. Traveling to Switzerland in the low season (spring or autumn) can help you save money on flights, hotels, transport, and attractions. You can also enjoy smaller crowds, better weather, and more flexibility. However, you need to check the opening hours and availability of some attractions and activities that may be closed or limited in the low season.
- Choose your Destinations Wisely. Switzerland is a diverse country with many regions and places to visit. However, not all of them are equally expensive or worth visiting. While booking your Switzerland tour packages from Dubai, you can save money by choosing destinations that are cheaper, less crowded, or more interesting than others.
- Use Public Transport. As mentioned earlier, traveling by train in Switzerland is the best way to get around the country. You can save money by buying a Swiss Travel Pass or Supersaver ticket instead of point-to-point tickets. You can also use public transport in cities and towns instead of taxis or car rentals. Public transport in Switzerland is very efficient, reliable, and convenient.
- Eat Local Food. Eating out in Switzerland can be very expensive, especially if you go to fancy restaurants or tourist traps. You can save money by eating local food at supermarkets, bakeries, cafes, or street stalls. Some of the local specialties that you can try in Switzerland are cheese fondue, raclette, rosti, bircher muesli, chocolate.
What are the Best Tips for Traveling in Switzerland
Traveling in Switzerland can be a wonderful experience if you follow some simple tips that can make your trip easier and more enjoyable. Here are some of the best tips for traveling in Switzerland:
- Pack Smartly. Packing smartly means packing light, packing layers, packing essentials, and packing appropriately. Packing light means bringing only what you need. Packing layers means bringing clothes that you can mix and match and layer according to the weather and temperature changes. Packing essentials means bringing items that are important for your trip, such as a passport, visa, travel insurance, Swiss Travel Pass, phone charger, adapter, toiletries, medications, etc. Packing appropriately means bringing clothes that suit your activities, destinations, culture, and season. For example, bring warm clothes for winter, hiking shoes for mountains, a swimsuit for lakes, etc.
- Learn Some Basic Phrases. Learning some basic phrases in German, French, Italian, or Romansh (the four official languages of Switzerland) can help you communicate with locals, get directions, order food, or ask for help. You don’t need to be fluent, but knowing some greetings, numbers, questions, or polite words can make a difference. You can use a phrasebook, a dictionary, an app, or a website to learn some basic phrases in Swiss languages.
- Respect the Rules and Customs. Respecting the rules and customs of Switzerland means following the laws, regulations, etiquette, and traditions of the country. For example, respect the speed limits, traffic signs, and parking rules when driving; respect the quiet hours, recycling rules, and smoking bans when staying at your accommodation; respect the dress code, tipping policy, and table manners when eating out; respect the opening hours, entrance fees, and photography rules when visiting attractions; respect the culture, religion, and values of the locals when interacting with them.
- Be Flexible and Adventurous. Being flexible and adventurous means being open to new experiences, opportunities, and challenges that may come your way during your trip. For example, be flexible with your itinerary, budget, or plans if something changes or goes wrong; be adventurous with your activities, destinations, or food if you want to try something new or different; be curious and friendly with the people, places, or things that you encounter along the way.
Cost Idea of a Switzerland Trip
The cost of a Switzerland trip depends on various factors, such as the season, the duration, the destinations, the transport, the accommodation, and the activities. However, as a general estimate, you can expect to spend around 800 AED per day per person on average for a moderate budget. This includes 400 AED for accommodation, 200 AED for food, 120 AED for transport, and 80 AED for attractions. Of course, you can spend more or less depending on your preferences and choices.
If you select a 7 day tour package, the cost of going to Switzerland for 7 days depends on your itinerary, budget, and preferences. However, as a rough estimate, you can expect to spend around 5600 AED per person for a 7-day trip to Switzerland on a moderate budget. This includes 2800 AED for accommodation, 1400 AED for food, 840 AED for transport, and 560 AED for attractions. You may also need to add extra costs for flights, visas, insurance, and souvenirs.
Switzerland is a beautiful country that offers a lot of variety and diversity for travelers who want to explore its natural wonders, cultural heritage, and urban charm. Planning a trip to Switzerland from Dubai can be easy and fun if you follow some simple steps and tips that can help you prepare for your trip and make the most of your time in Switzerland.
If you are looking for cheap Switzerland tour packages from Dubai, you can check out some of the websites and platforms that offer different options and deals for your trip. You can also visit Paris from Switzerland, as it is only a short train or plane ride away from Zurich.
We hope that this blog post has given you some useful information and inspiration for booking your best Switzerland tour packages from Dubai. We wish you a safe and enjoyable journey!
You can also read information about following: