Are you looking for a holiday destination that has a combination of amazing natural scenery, diverse cultural legacy, tasty food, and fun things to do? If yes, then you should consider booking one of the many Turkey tour packages from Dubai that include flights, hotels, transfers, and tours. These packages will help you save money, time, and hassle while enjoying a memorable and affordable holiday in Turkey.
Turkey is a country that has something for everyone, whether you are interested in exploring ancient ruins, relaxing on sandy beaches, admiring majestic mosques, or experiencing the magic of hot air ballooning.
In this blog post, we will give you some tips on how to plan a memorable trip to Turkey from Dubai, including the ideal time to visit, cheapest turkey tour packages from Dubai, most popular places to see, and the visa requirements.
Why Choose Turkey Tour Packages from Dubai?
There are many reasons why Turkey tour packages from Dubai are popular among travelers. Here are some of them:
- Easy Visa Process: Turkey offers an easy visa process for most nationalities, including UAE residents. You can apply for an e-visa online by providing your travel documents and paying a small fee. The e-visa is valid for 180 days and allows you to stay in Turkey for up to 90 days.
- Short Flight Duration: The flight duration from Dubai to Istanbul is around 5 hours, which makes it convenient and comfortable for travelers. You can also find direct flights from Dubai to other Turkish cities like Ankara, Antalya, Izmir, or Kayseri with Flydubai or Air Arabia.
- Variety of Attractions: Turkey has a diverse range of attractions that cater to different tastes and interests. You can visit Topkapi Palace, or Ephesus, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia; enjoy natural wonders like Pamukkale, Mount Nemrut, or Lake Van; experience cultural delights like Turkish baths, whirling dervishes, or Anatolian folk dances; or indulge in culinary delights like kebabs, baklava, or Turkish coffee.
- Affordable Prices: Turkey is a relatively cheap destination compared to other European countries. You can find many Turkey tour packages from Dubai that offer great value for money. You can also save on expenses like food, transportation, or shopping by bargaining or opting for local options.
Tourism in Turkey
Turkey attracts millions of visitors from around the world every year, with about 51 million in 2019. The country offers a range of historical attractions and beach resorts on its coasts along the Aegean and Mediterranean Seas. Turkey is also a sought-after place for culture, spa, and health care. In 2020, the most visited places by foreign tourists were Istanbul and Antalya, with 10.2 million and 8.6 million visitors respectively.
he country’s economy and employment benefit greatly from tourism in Turkey. According to official statistics, tourism generated $34.5 billion in revenue and supported 2.5 million jobs in 2019. However, tourism also faces some challenges such as political instability, security concerns, environmental degradation, and competition from other destinations.
When is the best time to visit Turkey?
Turkey has a variety of regions with different weather and seasons. The ideal time to travel to Turkey is usually from April to November, when the climate is mild and bright, and most of the attractions are accessible. However, if you want to avoid the crowds and enjoy lower prices, you can also consider visiting Turkey in the winter months, especially if you want to see the snow-covered landscapes of Cappadocia or enjoy skiing in the mountains. The only downside is that some of the coastal resorts and historical sites may be closed or have limited hours during this period.
So, the cheapest month to visit Turkey is usually January or February when the demand for tourism is low and the prices are reduced. However, you may also find some good deals in other off-season months such as March, April, October, or November.
What are the most popular places to see in Turkey?
Turkey has a wealth of attractions that cater to different tastes and preferences. Here are some of the most popular places to see in Turkey that you should include in your Turkey tour packages from Dubai:
- Istanbul: The largest and most cosmopolitan city in Turkey, Istanbul is a must-see for anyone who wants to experience the culture and history of this fascinating country. You can take a boat trip on the Bosphorus Strait, which separates Europe and Asia, or indulge in some shopping and nightlife in the modern districts of Taksim and Beyoglu.
- Cappadocia: One of the most unique and magical places in Turkey, Cappadocia is famous for its fairy chimneys, rock-cut churches, underground cities, and hot air balloon rides. Cappadocia is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that offers you a glimpse into the ancient civilizations that inhabited this region. You can also enjoy hiking, biking, horseback riding, or pottery making in this enchanting landscape.
- Antalya: If you are looking for a beach holiday in Turkey, Antalya is one of the best options. Antalya is a resort city on the Mediterranean coast that boasts golden sands, turquoise waters, and palm-lined boulevards. Antalya also has a charming old town that features historical monuments such as Hadrian’s Gate, Yivli Minare Mosque, and Kaleici Museum. You can also explore some nearby places such as Aspendos Theatre, Perge Ruins, Duden Waterfalls, and Koprulu Canyon.
- Ephesus: One of the most impressive archaeological sites in Turkey, Ephesus is an ancient city that dates back to the 10th century BC. Ephesus was once a thriving metropolis that was part of the Roman Empire and had a population of over 250,000 people. Ephesus is famous for its well-preserved ruins such Celsus Library, Temple of Artemis, House of Virgin Mary, and Great Theatre.
The price of a package from Dubai to Turkey depends on various factors such as the duration, destination, season, hotel, and activities. If you are looking for affordable Turkey tour packages from Dubai that include flights and hotels, you can search online for various options that suit your budget and preferences. Some of the websites that offer cheap Turkey tour packages from Dubai are:
- Pickyourtrail: This website allows you to customize your own Turkey tour packages from Dubai according to your interests and needs. You can choose from various itineraries that cover different destinations, durations, activities, and hotels. You can also get visa assistance, travel insurance, tour guides, and transfers included in your package. Pickyourtrail offers Turkey tour packages from Dubai starting from AED 833 per person for 4 nights.
- Holiday Factory: This website offers crazy deals on Turkey tour packages from Dubai that include flights with Air Arabia or Fly Dubai, hotels with breakfast, transfers, travel insurance, and holiday vouchers. You can choose from various Turke vacation packages all-inclusive from Dubai that cover Istanbul and Cappadocia or other European cities. Holiday Factory offers Turkey tour packages from Dubai starting from AED 2,999 per person for 5 nights.
- Holidays by Flydubai: This website offers cheap holiday packages from Dubai to Turkey that include flights with Flydubai and hotels with breakfast. You can choose from various packages that cover Istanbul, Antalya, Bodrum, or Izmir. You can also add optional tours and activities to your package. Holidays by Flydubai offers Turkey tour packages from Dubai starting from AED 1,994 per person for 3 nights.
You can further read some very useful tips to find affordable tour packages from Dubai.
How to plan a 7-day trip to Turkey?
A 7-day trip to Turkey is enough to cover some of the main highlights of the country. You can follow this sample itinerary:
- Day 1: Arrive in Istanbul and explore the city’s historical and cultural attractions.
- Day 2: Take a day trip to the nearby Princes’ Islands or Bursa, or enjoy a cruise on the Bosphorus Strait.
- Day 3: Fly to Cappadocia and marvel at its fairy chimneys, rock-cut churches, underground cities, and hot air balloon rides.
- Day 4: Explore more of Cappadocia’s natural and historical wonders such as the Goreme Open-Air Museum, the Uchisar Castle, the Zelve Valley, and the Kaymakli Underground City.
- Day 5: Fly to Antalya and relax on its golden beaches, turquoise waters, and palm-lined boulevards.
- Day 6: Visit some of Antalya’s historical and natural attractions such as Hadrian’s Gate, Yivli Minare Mosque, Kaleici Museum, Aspendos Theatre, Perge Ruins, Duden Waterfalls, and Koprulu Canyon.
- Day 7: Fly back to Istanbul and catch your flight back to Dubai.
Now the question arise that are 7 days enough or not? The number of days you need to spend in Turkey depends on your interests and goals. However, you can see most of the main attractions of the country in 10 to 14 days. If you have less time, you can focus on one or two regions such as Istanbul and Cappadocia or Antalya and Ephesus. If you have more time, you can explore other destinations such as Ankara, Izmir, Bodrum, Pamukkale, or Mardin.
If you are a citizen or a resident of the United Arab Emirates, you can easily obtain a visa to Turkey online or on arrival. You will need to provide the following documents to apply for a visa to Turkey online:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months and has 2 empty pages
- A recent passport-sized photograph
- A confirmed flight reservation
- A confirmed hotel reservation
- A travel insurance policy that covers medical expenses and repatriation
- A credit or debit card to pay the visa fee of USD 20
You can apply for a visa to Turkey online through the official website of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs or a third-party website such as iVisa. You will receive your visa by email within 24 hours. You will need to print it out and present it at the immigration counter when you arrive in Turkey.
Alternatively, you can also obtain a visa to Turkey on arrival at the airport. You will need to provide the same documents as mentioned above and pay the visa fee in cash. However, this option may take longer and may not be available at all entry points. Therefore, it is advisable to apply for a visa to Turkey online in advance to avoid any hassle or delay.
To make the most of your trip to Turkey from Dubai, here are some travel tips that you should keep in mind:
- Respect the local culture and customs: Turkey is a predominantly Muslim country with a secular constitution. However, some regions are more conservative than others, especially in rural areas and eastern provinces. Therefore, you should dress modestly, especially when visiting mosques and other religious sites. You should also avoid public displays of affection, drinking alcohol in public, or eating during Ramadan.
- Learn some basic Turkish phrases: Although English is widely spoken in major tourist areas, it is always helpful to learn some basic Turkish phrases to communicate with locals and show respect. Some useful words and phrases are merhaba (hello), teşekkür ederim (thank you), lütfen (please), afiyet olsun (bon appetit), nerede? (where?), ne kadar? (how much?), tuvalet (toilet), yardım edin (help), and güle güle (goodbye).
- Bargain wisely: Bargaining is a common practice in Turkey, especially in markets and bazaars. However, you should bargain wisely and politely, without being too aggressive or rude. You should also have an idea of the fair price before you start bargaining, and be prepared to walk away if you are not satisfied with the offer.
- Try the local cuisine: Turkish cuisine is one of the most diverse and delicious in the world, influenced by various cultures and regions. You should not miss the opportunity to try some of the local specialties such as kebabs, mezes, baklava, kahvaltı (breakfast), çay (tea), kahve (coffee), ayran (yogurt drink), rakı (aniseed liquor), and lokum (Turkish delight).
- Be aware of scams: As in any tourist destination, there are some scams that you should be aware of and avoid in Turkey. Some of the common scams are fake carpets, fake jewelry, fake money exchange, fake taxi meters, fake guides, and fake souvenirs. You should always check the quality and authenticity of the products before buying them, use official exchange offices or ATMs, use licensed taxis or public transportation, and book tours or activities through reputable agencies or websites.
Turkey is a wonderful destination that offers you a variety of experiences and attractions that will make your trip unforgettable. By following the tips and information given in this blog post, you can plan a memorable trip to Turkey from Dubai that fits your budget and preferences.
You can also check out some of the Turkey tour packages from Dubai that are available online and book them with ease and convenience. We hope you have a great time in Turkey and enjoy its culture and history.